This Summer KINETIC Sculpt® OUTSIDE is introducing new challenges. Meet the Slackline.
Getting started is challenging as you are engaging smaller muscles you probably don’t use regularly. I recommend you use shoe wear that have very little padding such as the new functional training shoes by adidas, Vibram or any major brand. In the absence of that, I go barefoot or socks only.
1. Get into position by straddling the line.
2. Bring your dominate foot on the line.
3. Set you foot straight down the line.
- Stay inline with the line. Do not turn your foot.
4. Find a focal point and look down the the line. DO NOT LOOK AT YOUR FEET.
5. RELAX. Keep your weight on the ground. Don’t push down on the line.
6. When ready. Arms “overhead” for balance, step up by springing up.
- Maintain your balance on one leg.
- Do not put your arms out to the side like a tightrope.
7. Learn to balance on one leg.
- Count to 10, 20, 30 on one leg.
- Keep switching legs until you can get hold for longer durations.
- Expect your leg to tremble as you get used to the motion.
Keep it basic. Be patient. Don’t get frustrated. Join TODAY.
See ya OUTSIDE,